May 22, 2014

DIY Wedding Food

We did all the food ourselves, and we were still working on it until the last minute. I didn't get pictures of everything, we also had homemade artisan bread, cheeses, sun-dried tomato pesto (my favorite thing ever), meatballs, and kabobs with tortellini, tomato, fresh mozzarella, olives and pepperoni.  

I'm a really bad at photographing food, I promise it all looked better in real life.

Fruit kabobs with grapes, strawberries, pineapple and cantaloupe.



My mom and sister-in-law made over 500 sugar cookies! These ones were just iced with different shades of pink and peach. We also packaged some pink ones that had sprinkles on them.


Chocolate covered strawberries made by my aunt.


My sister-in-law really wanted to have cupcakes so we made a makeshift cupcake tower by hot-gluing plates, pie dishes and glasses together. The hot glue holds everything together really well and also peels apart easily under hot water.




The cupcakes and buttercream frosting were made with this recipe from Recipe Girl. It uses a white cake mix with added ingredients that make it taste homemade. The sour cream makes the cupcakes super moist, and they don't crumble like regular cupcakes. 


We used leftover flowers for the top of the cake. My aunt helped me make the cake for the top but 40 minutes before the reception started, it got knocked off the stand. We quickly made a new one, it didn't turn out as pretty but at least it got done.


We had a basket full of heart sugar cookies by the door for people to take as they left.




My mom and sister-in-law made and packaged all the sugar cookies in cellophane bags with "thank you" tags. It's the best sugar cookie recipe ever, I'll have to share it soon!


Other wedding posts:

No comments:

Post a Comment