Mar 28, 2013

Easter Outfits

It's almost time for my favorite part of Spring- Easter! Every year my sisters and I get new Easter dresses. As we've gotten older it's been hard to find modest dresses at a good price, so I've been making them every year. No more matching fluffy, pastel dresses. Here are this year's Easter outfits.


My younger sister asked me to make her a dress like one she saw on Pinterest. I followed this tutorial from Sugar Bee Crafts. My sister and I loved the dress she made, so I even used the exact same ruffle fabric. For anyone else making the dress, my sister is five feet tall and we ordered two yards but I only used one and a half.


The only thing I did differently than her tutorial was making the dress a v-neck instead of a wrap. Simply because it was easier for me. 


I love this fabric! I was so nervous about cutting and sewing it because it's expensive but it's so forgiving and it came together really quickly. My only problem with the fabric is that it's very sheer so I had to line the skirt. Other than that, I'm very happy with how the dress turned out.


My youngest sister chose this lime green giant polka dot fabric for her skirt. I was thinking of a sweet little floral dress with a bow and a peter pan collar, but this fits her personality better.  It was definitely not my first choice, but it turned out cute and fitting for her. 



This was another skirt that I made a while ago, but it hasn't been worn because it needed some adjustments. I decided to finish it while I was doing the rest of the Easter outfits. The tiny polka dots remind me of Easter eggs too.


Here's my skirt. Tutorial coming soon!

2 comments: